ADDRESS: 764 Regent St, Fredericton, N.B, E3B 4Y3 LOCATION: Campus Area, Uptown. BUILDING TYPE: Contemporary Single Family Home. NAME ORIGIN: Regent Street was the main road heading to the south of Fredericton and the rural community of New Maryland. After leaving the Town Plat area of Fredericton Regent St begins an uphill climb to the crest of the St. John River Valley. Because this hill had to be climbed to reach New Maryland it became known as Maryland Hill. HISTORY: After World War II, in 1948, the Canadian government felt obliged to provide housing for its returning veterans in major communities all across Canada. These developments are all similar and most of the homes built were identical and leased to the veterans. Harold Marshall, a Lieutenant in the Canadian Navy, acquired a Veterans house on Palmer St. but soon moved up the hill to the house he built on Regent St. During the Cuban Missile Crisis of 1962, Harold, an electrical engineer with the NB Power Commission, added a bomb shelter in the basement lined with concrete.