ADDRESS: 19 Forest Hill Road, Fredericton, NB E3B 4K1 LOCATION: Close to Campus, this property is located on the east side of the University of New Brunswick near the Currie Center on Forest Hill Road, which is an extension to Beaverbrook St. It is easy walking distance to all facilities located at the north end of the campus at the foot of the hill. It is handy to the walking trail which follows the St. John River to downtown Fredericton, along The Green. BUILDING TYPE: Contemporary two building complex with 31 two and three bedroom units. FEATURES: Each building has four floors and there is a coin–op laundry room on the first level of each building. All units have electric baseboard heat, fridge, stove and dishwasher and Fiber–Op wiring. Electricity is paid by the tenants. Most units have a combination of laminate, ceramic and carpeting on the floors. A few units on the south side have private balconies. The property has plenty of exterior parking with plug-ins and there is a locked bike shed available. There is a bus stop in front of the property. NAME ORIGIN: The east end of Fredericton was dubbed Salamanca in 1839 by members or the 36th Regiment of the British Army. This Regiment was posted to Fredericton after it had participated in the famous victory over Napoleon’s forces in The Battle of Salamanca. This battle ended the Peninsula War in north east Spain and the British left soon after. HISTORY: The apartment buildings were built in 1989 and 1999. The original house on the property was moved up the street and is still occupied as a single family home. Salamanca has the oldest cemetery in the area. The first British Loyalist immigrants came to Fredericton due to the American Revolution and spent their first winter in tents. Many did not survive and were buried in this obscure cemetery. When the valley railroad reached Fredericton in the mid 1800’s Salamanca Landing was the last stop before city center.