Fredericton Rentals allows up to a maximum of two cats per unit where no carpet exists unless special arrangements have been made.  A maximum of 1 Dog is permitted in a limited number of our properties or for special circumstances (disabilities).  Please ask  our rental agent for details. NO Ferrets or Snakes are permitted within a Fredericton Rentals unit however small caged pets such as hamsters are permitted at no cost.

The cost per cat is $25.00 per cat per month. The cost per  dog is $30.00 per month.

All tenants who are named on the lease and application form must sign this agreement and are all held responsible for the pet (s).

Tenant (s) Agrees:

  • To Pay for any extra sanitation cleaning due to pet hair or damages on move-out
  • To Pay for Professional Carpet Cleaning on move-out where special arrangements have been made to have the pet (s) in a unit with carpet
  • To pay for flooring replacement if the smell of urine is evident once the tenant has moved out. (This includes the plywood floors under certain types of flooring if urine has soaked through)
  • To pick up all excrement immediately and dispose of it according to local regulations. Failure to comply will result in a letter to comply. (see below)
  • To Only keep the animal within the suite and to not allow the animal to disturb the other tenants in the building. If the pet becomes a problem, such as noise, smell, etc to other tenants or to the landlord, the pet and their owners will be given up to 2 chances to rectify the problem via a written notice from our office. (Notice to comply) On the 3rd notice, the tenant will have 10 days to remove the pet for the remainder of the tenancy or to vacate the apartment but will still be responsible for their lease.
  • The tenant agrees to allow the landlord to do an inspection at the Landlord’s discretion with 24 hours notice and that if the landlord feels the pet is not being properly cared for or is doing damage to the apartment or apartment building, a notice to vacate may be delivered to the tenant and their pet in conjunction with Rentalsman NB regulations.

Below is the information that will be required to register your pet