ADDRESS: 220 King St., Fredericton, N.B., E3B 0A2 LOCATION: Downtown and only two short blocks from the Saint John River and its network of walking and biking trails, on the west end of the town plat. Supermarkets, shopping, churches and restaurants, plus business and government services are nearby within walking distance, as well as municipal bus service. BUILDING TYPE: Contemporary Building with elevator and balconies. 38 units. FEATURES: Upscale Downtown Living at Fredericton’s best. Amenities include in suite laundry, dishwasher, hardwood floors, balconies on each unit and underground parking. Cathedral ceilings, air conditioning and extra storage are optional features available in some units. An exercise room is located off the underground parking. A city parking garage is located across the street for visitors. NAME ORIGIN: Michael Creighton left County Down, Ireland in 1825, being expelled for a rabbit poaching infraction. Arriving in St. Andrews, he married in Saint John’s Stone Church and settled as a pioneer farmer at Dutch Valley, near Sussex. The next generation (Sam) relocated to market farm at Silver Falls, just outside Saint John. From there his son Frederick left for Woodstock and Fredericton to operate an automotive dealership. Another son of Sam , Herbert joined the South African Constabulary and served in The Transvaal during the Boar War in 1901. Herb’s grandsons redeveloped this property and named it “The Creighton”. HISTORY: The Creighton was built in 2004 by Fredericton Rentals Ltd. This property was previously the site of Creighton Motors, one of Fredericton’s early automotive dealerships. It was owned by Fred Creighton of Woodstock and operated by his son Franklin till the 1960’s.