ADDRESS: 148 George St, Fredericton, N.B., E3B 1J3 LOCATION: Downtown and only four short blocks from the Saint John River and its network of walking/biking trails, on the west end of the town plat. Supermarkets, shopping, churches and restaurants, plus business and government services are within walking distance, as well as municipal bus service. BUILDING TYPE: Heritage Conversion, now four units. FEATURES: This heritage home has original woodwork and hardwood floors. The ground floor main suite has a large separate dining room and a sun porch that could be a third bedroom. The ground floor bachelor unit has two private exits. The large upstairs unit has a separate dining room and a third bedroom or family room. Facing the street is a funky two level unit with two loft bedrooms on the 3rd floor. There is onsite parking and an outdoor patio and yard space. NAME ORIGIN: Joyrand is the combination of good friends & business partners Joy & Randy, who owned the property from 1987 to 2003. HISTORY: This property appears on the A.M. Hubly aerial map of 1882. It was built as a single family home for Matthew L. Stevenson. In 1940 the property was purchased by Miss Pearl Dayton (later Caldwell) who lived on the ground floor and rented upper levels as two apartments. Lloyd Humes, a founder of the Crabbe Mountain Ski Area was a long term resident in his senior years. Mrs. Caldwell raised Pekinese dogs and had an extensive perennial garden. The property was purchased by Joy Peterson and her partner at Re/Max Realty, Randy Lynch in 1987. She renovated the attached shed into a bachelor apartment and lived in the front flat until she sold the property to Fredericton Rentals in 2003.