ADDRESS: 158 George St., Fredericton, N.B., E3B 1J3 LOCATION: Downtown and only four short blocks from the Saint John River and its network of walking and biking trail , on the west end of the town plat. Supermarkets, shopping, churches and restaurants, plus business and government services are nearby within walking distance, as well as municipal bus service. BUILDING TYPE: Heritage Conversion, now 2 units. FEATURES: This heritage building was completely renovated into a modern duplex with oak kitchen cabinets and laundry hookups. The two bedroom ground floor unit has original woodwork ,hardwood floors and is wheelchair accessible. Each unit has new energy efficient windows, updated insulation and air exchanger. There is onsite parking and limited outdoor yard space. NAME ORIGIN: Prince George was the Prince of Wales at the time the Fredericton Town Plat was laid out in a typical British grid pattern in 1786 by Captain Dugald Campbell. The Prince became King George IV on the death of his father in 1820. HISTORY: This property appears on the A.M. Hubly aerial map of 1882. Originally a single family home, this house was owned and lived in by Ozzie Merrithew until it was purchased by Fredericton Rentals in 1981. When the neighboring property at 172 George St. was redeveloped in 1999 this house was scheduled for demolition. A community petition to save the building was presented to city council and it received a reprieve. In 2000 the back shed and front veranda were removed and the two units were renovated.