ADDRESS: 172,168,176 George St., Fredericton, N.B., E3B 1J3 LOCATION: Downtown and only four short blocks from the Saint John River and its network of walking and biking trails , on the west end of the town plat. Supermarkets, shopping, churches and restaurants, plus business and government services are nearby within walking distance, as well as municipal bus service. BUILDING TYPE: Heritage Conversion plus Sympatric Addition. Now 17 units. FEATURES:King George Lodge is a recently developed downtown infill project that provides spacious and modern residential units in a structure that is architecturally sympathetic to the neighborhood of the West Town Plat. The sixteen units are separated into three separate wings to give a small building a retro environment that encourages neighborliness! Each unit is unique in its floor plan and all units have some hardwood and ceramic flooring as well as neutral toned carpeting in the bedrooms. The ground floor units all have direct access to the outside as well as interior access. Most second level units have balconies. All units are equipped with full sized fridge and stove as well as a dishwasher, washer and dryer. No trips to the Laundromat necessary! Kitchens have been designed to provide a spacious eating area and have plenty of sparkling white cabinets and trim. Since these units are well insulated and built to modern standards, they each have an individual air exchange unit which provides a much healthier living environment. While retaining an open concept in the living space, the bedrooms are designed in such a way that convenient access is available for use as a separate dining room or den. Bay windows are a feature in several units while other units feature Palladian or banked windows. Light and bright is our hallmark. Updated phone, cable TV and vibe are available in most rooms. NAME ORIGIN: King George III was the British monarch during the American Revolution. When the English lost to the American rebels, many families who were loyal to the crown, known as Loyalists, were forced to immigrate to New Brunswick in 1783. The area known as St. Ann’s Point was designated as the new provincial capital and named after King George’s second son Frederick. The new city was laid out in a grid pattern and the streets named for British royalty. HISTORY: This development was completed in 1999 and was designed by Bob Clarke of Oromocto for Fredericton Rentals. The property is made up of three lots which were consolidated when the three unit century home at 182 George burned down. The 172 George St. building had east & west wings added to its rear. The 158 George St, building was retained separately. Two of the original single family houses appear on the A.M. Hubly aerial map of 1882.