ADDRESS: 280 Charlotte St., Fredericton, N.B., E3B 1L4 LOCATION: Downtown and only five short blocks from the Saint John River, the Westmorland Bridge and its network of walking and biking trails. Across the street is Christ Church (Parish) Church and its historic Saint Ann’s Chapel. Supermarkets, shopping, churches, and restaurants plus business and government services are nearby, as well as municipal bus service. BUILDING TYPE: Heritage Conversion to five units. FEATURES: Three front street facing two bedroom units feature Victorian woodwork and some hardwood floors. These units have baseboard hot water heat. The rear annex addition has a second level one bedroom unit and a two level three bedroom unit. These units have electric baseboard heat. All units have access to in-house laundry facilities. NAME ORIGIN: Gorhamsbury is the name of the Gorham family Estate in St. Albans outside London, England dating back to the thirteenth century. Sir Francis Bacon lived there at one time. HISTORY: This property appears on the A.M. Hubly aerial map of 1882. Charlotte St. was named for Queen Charlotte, a German Princess who was married at the age of 17 to King George III., the British monarch at the time of the American Revolution. She was the originator of Kue Gardens in London. She had fifteen children, her oldest succeeded his father as George IV. Charlotte Street was the rear termination of the original settlement known as The Town Plat and was still the last residential street in 1882.